Friday, June 19, 2009

Go Fart

June 19, 2009 -

Well, after a rocky sleep last night I woke up around 5:30a this morning wide awake and to my surprise, so did the rest of the house. We were all confused and thinking that the clocks were all wrong...but neigh....we were up early.

After some coffee and breakfast, my wife took the kiddos down to her parents in Moscow and Yukon and I went to the lake for a swim. It was very windy and cool, about 58 degrees outside this morning and 65 degrees in the lake. We swam about a thousand yards and it was choppy. If you don't take your head out of the water enough, you get a mouthful of lake. If you take it out too much for air, you get slapped in the face with some chop on the way back down.....oh well. It was a nice little jaunt, although my left shoulder was getting achy again....boo.

After the swim we headed out for a 20 minute jog, prolly an 8:15 pace. From there, we ran a few errands and went back to the house to eat again and clean up. When wifey got back, we headed in to Iroman village, which I was particularly excited about. I love to check out all the latest and greatest....and get some sweet swag.....which, I have to say, was not overly impressive. The booths were limited and the biggest thing was the Ironman store. Your opportunity to spend zillions of dollars on m-dot apparel. There was a tent where people could make signs and Shelly whipped one up for me. I guess they will place it out on the run course somehwere. Funny side note: if you look behind Shelly's head, instead of saying go farther, the camera angle just caught.......well you can see for yourself. I hope that is not some type of weird race day foreshadowing.

From there we headed back to the house for nap....yes! I can't remember the last time I took a nap in the middle of the day....and it was so great. After, the nap we headed back to the grocery store for some dinner items....salmon, spinich salad and brown rice...mmmmmm.

The rest of the night includes lounging, hydrating, watching movies, more lounging and more hydrating. Sad that the kiddos left today, but also nice to sit down and totally relax, unwind and focus.

Day 170 Training Log - We headed down the water around 8a and headed out for a 15 minute swim and followed with a 20 miniute run....still feeling good and ertainly ready and eager to get this thing going!

Post Script: Weather.com today is reporting 62 degrees and showers for race day. Today it was quite windy again and we had a good bout of showers for part of the day.....bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment