Monday, June 22, 2009

Man To Ironman

June 21, 2009 -

Yesterday I was a man....today I am an Ironman. What an amazing experience! In the morning, before the swim, the announcer said, "at the end of this day you will be an Ironman". That kept me going all day.

The water was very choppy and crazy with the mass start. My bike broke down and I had to wait for tech support, plus I got two flats which all cost me about 30 minutes and the wind was wipping! The run was wet wet wet and cold and windy.

Despite all that I came in strong at 13:05:57!

Happy with the day, the experience and being able to call myself....Ironman.

Tons more to come......but for now.....the after party!

Day 172 Training Log - Ironman Triathlon - 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations man! Glad to see you had a great day... Funny seeing you out there! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats dude! ride the adrenaline wave for all it's worth. you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bike broke down and you still did it in 13. Amazing. I will be eager to hear: What's next. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

    ReplyDelete