Thursday, June 4, 2009

This Is Why I'm Hot

June 4, 2009 -

"Rollin, rollin, rollin, keep them dawgies movin rawhide! Move 'em on, head 'em up, Head 'em up, move 'em out, Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide! Set 'em out, ride 'em in Ride 'em in, let 'em out, Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide."

Ya, so that was me today singing to my legs as I set out for a five hour bike and 30 minute run in 90 degree heat. I wanted to push hard, riding flats and going fast for five hours, but after doing that for two hours, I didn't know where else to go, so I went back to all those hills from the Kirkland century ride I did Memorial Day weekend.....prolly good for building strength....bad idea in the heat with tired legs.

I rocked out 12 out of the 14 hills from that century ride just cranking one after the other. My ride started at 8a at 70 degrees and ended by 1p at 90 degrees. It was a good ride, I just think the all the hill work really took a harder toll on me that it should have.

After the ride, I changed quickly, chugged half a Coke, and headed out on the trail for a 30 minute run...which was hard. It was 90 degrees when I went out and my legs were so worked from all those hills. I ended up hitting 3.5 miles for an 8:26 pace. I was sweating like a mofo and so hot...but then it was over.....cool.

Day 155 Training Log - So a 5.5 hour training day today with a 5 hour bike and a 30 minute run. The bike was good, but hot, and the hills worked me. I did a bottle of carbo-pro, bottle of water, and a bottle of Gatorade. I also figured out how to keep my seat bottles from flying out of the cages...so that was sweet. I took two thermolyte pills on every hour, and had a banana at two hours. I also had a peanut butter and honey sandwich at 3.5 hours.....which I liked....prolly do a couple of those in the race. I mixed in powertabs throughout and a half a coke in the last 10 miles. Then to the run where my legs slowly came together, but I was so hot. Whatever....one day closer to Ironman where all this complaining about the little things will seem so insignificant....this is why I'm hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment