Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello Work - Start Week 2

June 8, 2009 -

It seems like it's been a long time since I felt really busy or behind at work. Outside all the travel it has been a pretty mellow spring at work allowing me to accomplish all the training for this Ironman.

Today though, out of nowhere....I got railed. I'm not sure where all this work came from, but it took me the entire day...and part of the night just to get it organized. A full day of meetings, conference calls, piling a to-do list and organizing more work.

Although I still have another day off from training, I wasn't planning on taking it today. But today just happened to be the first time, since February, that I just could not get out to train because I was too busy with my old friend....work.

Good thing the end it near with the race date rapidly approaching....I'm actually quite effective when I work all day.....weird.

Day 159 Training Log - So an unplanned day off today, but good too. Very productive day at work. I'm excited to get back at the training tomorrow though. I can see it will be hard continuing into this gradually declining taper as I really just want to get out there and do more more more. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment