Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm In!

June 18, 2009 -

I'm in Coeur d'Alene, set up at the house we're renting, and officially checked in and registered for Ironman!!!

I got up around 6a and started packing up the car and getting ready to head out. We finally jammed up the car and made it out around 8:30a. It was about 5 hour drive with a food and bathroom stop....kids were so/so for the trip....as good as two little kids can be for a long drive like that.

We are renting a house from some friends and the house is a sweet setup.....soooo much better than being jammed in a hotel room. After we settled up at the house we headed out to register for the race. I sat with this nice lady who put my blue ironman bracelet on that will be on until after the race. She breifed me on my bag of stuff and some of the details and sent me on my way...I took her picture....not sure she liked that.

I really wanted to stay and start going through the Ironman village and start checking it out, but we had a hungry family and needed to go grocery shopping. I have two more days to get to all that stuff. After picking up some groceries we went back for some dinner....bbq'd up some burgers....good Ironman food right?

After dinner, Yukon and I got our bikes all put together and went out for a quick spin. everything is working great.

Ready for a fun day tomorrow!

Day 169 Training Log - Just a quick 30 minute ride tonight, a mix of some cranking and some spinning. There was a pretty wicked wind sometimes pushing and sometimes trying to knock you over. Hope that disappears by Sunday.

Post Script - Weather.com today is reporting 63 degrees and a few showers....that works. Also, feeling pretty good today. Happy to be here and very excited to enjoy the pre-ironman experience over the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment