Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bring Out The Fasha

February 22, 2009 -

Today I came to a conclusion. Either I'm not working hard enough, or the workouts are getting too easy. I had a spin on the bike trainer this morning and I may as well been selling rocket pops from an ice cream truck on a 90 degree day in the summer at a packed park....it was that easy.

I am happy to feel this way temporarily as I have plotted March's calendar and it significantly ramps up. Apparently this month was the "build" phase and next month is "phase one", which I think I mentioned before. This means a new level of Ironman training is upon me. Until that day, a week from now, I will enjoy the last week of what has come to be six days of easy training.

I should say I have been getting up at 6a about four days a week to train and apparently it's showing. My wife thinks I need a nap....whatever...naps are for non-triathletes........right?

Maybe I'll do one.

Day 53 Training Log - So today's training called for two hours on the bike. I needed to get this out of the way based on still having family in town and wanting to have the rest of my day open after the airport drop-off. I got up at 6a and hit it. I spent the entire two hours on the big ring at a medium gear just spinning fast the whole time. I was up for some comedy today so I watched Austin Powers Goldmember. It was funny and the ride was strong, which made the time go really fast. Ready to hit it hard this week to finish my first full month of Ironman training.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be in that place when they seem easy for a while. Then you get to that wall lol. Enjoy the better days :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt. Ironman seems to be a constant humbling. It never allows you to get cocky.

    ReplyDelete