Friday, February 27, 2009

The End Of An Era

January 27, 2009 -

Today marks the end of an era for my Ironman training and also for my daughter.

For Ironman training, it is the last day of the first month...the "build" phase. After today's workouts, I have four weeks of conditioning in January down and now four weeks of building in February down. In March I start the next era of training which is "phase 1". I am trying to figure out how to start that next era in Las Vegas where I'll be next Monday and Tuesday. Do people workout in Las Vegas?

For my daughter Ella...she is 5 today. This is big kid status. Then end of babyness, toddlerness, and little kidness. Today, she is an official big kid, she is a good kid. She supports my training and asks me questions about my workouts. She thinks I'm the fastest triathlon dad on the planet.

I love you very very much Ella, Happy Birthday!

Day 58 Training Log - Today called for a 1350 yard speed swim and a 45 minute bike ride. I had to figure how to rock these workouts not only on Ella's birthday, but also with five more family members arriving in town this morning to celebrate. Luckily, I am very very sneaky. I dumped the whole family off with my kids at a McDonalds with a playland and I ducked out to the gym for a swim. It was a 4 x 100 warm-up, then an 8 x 100 main which was a EBEH (25 easy, 25 build, 25 easy, 25 hard). Then finished up with a 6 x 25 cool down. Today was a great swim, I can go all out a lot easier these days and recover much quicker....I like that. So, after the McD think the kids were all tuckered so the boy went for a nap and the girl watched a movie. Perfect time for me to sneak out for a 45 minute bike trainer ride. It was a 15 minute big ring warmup. Then I hit 30 minutes on the big ring starting at the hardest gear cranking for five minutes and letting off a gear every five minutes. And so it was done.

Attention: day off - Saturday...I'm coming for you...let's dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment