Monday, February 23, 2009

Sleep It In And Drag It Out - Start week 17

February 23, 3009 -

Three weeks down ready to hit it hard this week to polish off a solid month.

With that said, I was exhausted yesterday. I got up early and cranked out a brick for Friday's workouts, was out all day Friday and Saturday entertaining family and then got up early to crank out my bike yesterday. When that was all said and done, by yesterday afternoon I was spent.

Solution: do not get up and run early...no no no, just sleep dude. I went to bed a little after 9p and slept til 7a! I felt so refreshed and ready to hit it today, which was good.

I hit a swim/run brick with a buddy and had a great and very strong workout.

I should do this sleeping in thing way more often.

Day 54 Training Log - The plan today called for a 45 minute run and a 2500 yard swim. I did them back to back and wanted to go hard today and I think I did. The run ended up being 6.02 miles at a 7:28 pace which was a slow start and a fast finish. Then, at the gym, I realized I left my jammers and all I have in my gym bag was my drag shorts. I tossed those sexy things on over my compression shorts (so I didn't look naked) and drug it out. Those things really wear on you by the end of your swim. I could really feel the extra effort in my arms and shoulders. They tried to slow me down but I just swam harder. The swim was an 800 warm-up of 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, and 200 swim. Then, 1500 straight, which I felt strong and polished (for the most part) and it went by fast. Finished up with a 4 x 50 cool down and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment