Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just For Kicks

May 26, 2009 -

Pretty easy day today with only a short recovery swim. I'm guessing just to flush out the legs from yesterday since half of the swim was kicking (which I hate). I was feeling pretty good overall today after the long day yesterday. I mostly only felt sore on my butt bone, and my lower back. When I got in the pool I could feel that I was also sore in my shoulders and my quads. But my butt though...really? It feels like I just stood around and kicked my own butt all day.

All in all though, I would have to say I feel great considering 6 hours and 55 minutes of training yesterday.

So I got in the pool and had a short swim in which 600 yards was kick. I'm not sure if there is something that I'm not getting, or if it's that way for everybody, but I suck at kicking. It goes soooooo slow and seems to take forever and is pretty tiring on my legs.

I cranked....slowly....lap by lap....and finished my 600 yards of kicking in what seemed like just under 19 hours......not bad.

Day 146 Training Log - 12oo yard recovery swim today that was 300 swim, 300 kick, 300 swim and 300 kick. Easy swim. The first 300 was tough as I got going and worked everything out, but got better and better as it went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment