Thursday, May 28, 2009

You Better Work

May 28, 2009 -

Today was one of those days where I knew what I had to do, and I set out to kill it. I just wanted to work hard and crank hard. Ever since I was out sick a few days last week, I have been mentally battling to get my head back in the game and I wanted to do that today.

I did.

I had a bike/run brick and I worked it dude. The bike was swift and fast. I did the Lake Sammamish loop and had a bit of a time getting going. Although I wasn't feeling that way, my legs definitely told me they were still a little chewed up from that century ride on Monday....really.....still legs?

I cranked through it though and pushed hard when they were screaming and pushed harder when they weren't. Also, a buddy went with me who I used to always kick his butt and today he was kicking mine. So a couple times I really had to crank and let him know "who's the boss."

After the bike I went straight to a short run that I only wanted to beat an 8 minute pace...which I did...athank-you. The run was a little annoying as I was pushing harder than I usually do for a brick...but as I mentioned before...I wanted to work today.

Day 148 Training Log - So today was an hour and fifteen minute bike and a forty-five minute run brick. I cranked out on the bike for a 21mph average (could have been faster except for those darn stoplights). Then, for the run I cranked out 5.75 miles for a 7:50 pace. Great workouts today....athank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment