Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thunder Thighs

March 17, 2009 -

I'm still struggling with this totally lame weather here in Seattle. It has been below normal cold, very windy, and rainy. Typically by mid to late afternoon it warms up and becomes decent for outdoor workouts, but this is not a time I can get out to workout. I need it nice in the morning....bah!

I had a run/bike today and could not build the motivation to bike outdoors in the wind and rain so I hit the gym. I did two hours on a stationary bike at six minute seated resistance intervals of med-hard to hard. WOW! I have never sweated so much in my life. Every article of clothing was dripping wet including my towel and the floor surrounding my bike.

It was just lil 'ol me, Mr. Thunder-thighs cranking away for two hours oblivious to anything around me or the fact that I was just sweating everywhere and ruining my legs. I got off the bike and weeble-wobbled my way down stairs and into the locker room...I was worked.

It took the 'ol leggers a bit to get it together.

Day 76 Training Log - I had a 50 minute run today and a 2 hour bike. I hit the run outside this morning and the weather blew, but the run was nice. I ran in a mixture of rain, wind and sun in 39 degrees. It ended up at 52 minutes as I just ran all over town, no real route, which was cool actually. Then to the gym for two hours of resistance work on the stationary bike. After that, I had to help the Irish celebrate their beloved holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment