Monday, March 16, 2009

We Got A Floater Here - Start Week 14

March 16, 2009 -

Just as I broke the 3500 yard, two-mile milestone last Friday; I crushed it again today. Today I just beat up the pool putting in 4000 yards which is 2.27 miles. Just an eek away from the Ironman swim distance. Sweet.

Something else I found out today....I'm a floater. My body, it floats as I swim. Breaking news I know, but this wasn't always the case. It used to be that my legs would sink, or my wobbly body would be dropping down as I was trying to get my stroke right. Not today though. I was swimming along noticing my body gliding along and floating nicely, not ever sinking. Sweet.

The swim itself was long, but fortunately it was broken up making it not so monotonous. Before I knew it, I was done. It was especially cool that I never felt too tired or out of breath. It was a strong swim and I maintained consistent good form throughout (good form for me). Sweet.

Day 75 Training Log - So the longest swim to date today at 4000 yards. It broke down to a 4 x 75 warm-up. Then, the main was 500 swim, 500 kick (which blew), 500 pull, 500 swim and then 15 x 100 EBEH (easy, build, easy, hard). Finished with a 200 cool down and found out I was starving my face off so I strapped on the food-bong and was much better. I was definitely drained a for about an hour afterward, which got me thinking, that was only stage one of the race and it's the easiest stage. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment