Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Early Bird Gets The Worm

January 20, 2009 -

I hate training first thing in the morning. You know....those people you see out there at 6 or 7 am, running or biking by your house while you are just rolling out of bed and putting on a pot of coffee....that is not me.

Day by day however, I am coming to terms with the fact that in order get the workouts in with the rest of my schedule I will need to have some early morning training. So, today I made it out of bed at 6a and hopped on the bike trainer. It is a small start, but I hope to build and embrace the AM.

Day 20 Training - I started the morning at 6am putting in 30 minutes on my bike trainer at home at a med to med-hard gear. Stayed in the same gear at the same pace for the entire 30 minutes. Then, later in the day I hit the gym and went for another total body weight experience. I started with the bench press (the chest foundation). I did five sets, 10 x 135, 10 x 155, 10 x 175, 8 x 185, 7 x 185. From there I moved to some crazy type of pushup I can only call a swiss-ball rollout to alter-arm medicine ball pushup. Basically, you put your stomach on a large swiss-ball, palms down on the floor and legs suspended straight out. Then, using your arms you roll your body out on the swiss-ball until your feet are on it and you put one arm up on a medicine ball with the other on the floor and pushup, then roll yourself back to the starting position. The next time you switch pushup arms. Repeat that for 4 x 10. Mixed with that I put a bosu ball up on a step bench and did some inverted bosu crunches for 4 x 25. From there I moved to one-armed pull-ups on the pull-up machine. I used 175lbs of extra help from the machine and did 4 x 10 of each arm while you place the other arm across your chest. I mixed those sets with leg-lift, knee raises on that leg lift machine. I was pretty much spent after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment