Monday, January 5, 2009

Get Back To Your Ways Already


January 5, 2009 -

So today was to be my day off, but I just felt like getting my sweat on so I guess it will be tomorrow. I head into my gym which is Gold's Gym where I have been a member for three years now and it is packed! All of the cardio equipment is in use, I had to wait for a shower, and I felt relatively annoyed as I do every January.

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for New Year's resolutions and getting healthy; I encourage all people I know to get active because of what it means to me. But...every freakin January the gym gets ruthlessly packed with all of the "resolution runners" as I coin them. It is this time when my gym goes from 50% full when I typically go which, is the middle of the day, to what seems like 200% full in the month of January only.

While I am happy and encourage everyone to get to the gym, I do wonder of the January surge and also why it dies off so fast. It seems that gyms could manage their populations much better if everyone who made a healthy New Year's resolution stuck to it. I guess instead we will just accept for one month a year that the locker room will be crowded, the treadmills will be full, the parking will be crammed, and in February it will all go back to normal as it always is and there will be far less "man bits" to be exposed to in the sauna.

Training Log day 5 - Today I wanted to work out but also wanted to take it easy, mostly just sweat it out. I have a usual workout for those kind of days. It is 60 minutes and consists of 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes abs, and 20 more minutes cardio. Today I hit the elliptical at 95% for 20 mins and headed to abs. Abs was a circuit of four sets of 4 x 25 of regular sit-ups, 4 x 25 of leg lifts, and 4 x 25 of oblique twists using a 16 pound medicine ball. I finished out with 20 more minutes on the treadmill at about 70%. Good lil workout all in all, very schweddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment