Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lommis Nearus Ironman

January 21, 2009 -

Well I got a 20 week official training program for Ironman that starts on Monday February 2. I started to fill in my calendar with the first four weeks of workouts and got moderately intimidated. As official Ironman training looms near a much higher level of sacrifice, training, time, nutrition, and discipline also closes in....it will be go time.

I am excited, even as I fully understand what this commitment means. I will have to change, adapt, and work much harder than I have to this point. I do feel to this point, three weeks into my prep training that I am getting stronger, my cardio is better, and my levels are ready to launch into official training.

I just nailed down a great house to rent in CDA for the Ironman. Ended up being offered to us by an old college friend at a great deal. So details, (training plans, house rentals, travel arrangements, equipment purchases) are all falling into place to the point where the only thing left to do is train, train, train, train.

Day 21 Training Log - I intended to swim today, however sometime yesterday between getting off the bike trainer and hopping in the shower I got a pinched nerve in my neck which was only aggravated by the weight workout yesterday. Today it was better but I'm still turning half my body to look sideways in order to avoid those sharp pains. So today I decided to adapt and do some biking. I hopped on the stationary bike at the gym and put in 56 minutes of interval training. The intervals changed every three minutes then entire time going from medium to medium hard at a hard pace. After the time on the bike I moved over to an easy 20 minute run on the treadmill. Good solid day. I can feel my cardio getting better and my strength increasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment