Friday, January 23, 2009

Hot Hot Heat......Kinda

January 23, 2009 -

I left this morning on an early flight to Dallas, TX for a couple days for work. I travel quite a bit for work and typically fail at training on the road. After a full day of travel I usually like to check out the city and find some great food. However, I am working a new strategy this trip. I packed a few healthy food items to have accessible when I'm hungry and thought a good way to check out the city would be to run it.

Well somehow it was 75 degrees today in Dallas. I'll tell you what, it has been a loooooong time since I have ran in any kind of heat so running today felt something like running while someone followed blowing a hair dryer on you. I must have had this combo heat, tired, dehydrated thing going on paired with not taking a day off for the last eight days because the run felt like an eternity and ended up being quite slow for me. It was also a lot of that start/stop and sprint to make the stoplight kind of city running.

With that crying out of the way, it was quite nice to run outside in the warm sun and see a new city. I scoped out all of the places I will go back and check out tonight and tomorrow. Way to go Dallas.

Day 23 Training Log - Today I laced up the nikes, stepped out the front door of the Westin and took to the streets of downtown Dallas. All in all the run ended up being a little over five miles (but felt like 10). I was like a sweaty turtle trying to sprint.....bad news. I was pretty starving, dehydrated and tired so I called it a day after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment