Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ahead Of The Game

April 14, 2009 -

I had a great opportunity today to not only catch-up with my training, but also forge ahead. I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to best re-work my schedule for some upcoming travel. I'm in Spokane, WA for four days starting this Thursday, then Kansas City, MO for three days starting next Thursday, then California for the Avia Wildflower Triathlon long course (half-iron distance) the week after that.

As you can imagine, this takes some crafty re-working and front-loading in the beginning of the week so I can move my day off and minimize my workouts when I'm out of town. Not sure this is great overall, but it works and I don't miss workouts.

Today, all I had was a bike ride so there was room to get some other stuff in. I went to the gym early and polished off a make-up swim that I missed in last week's trip to California. Then this afternoon hit the bike followed by a short run that is from this upcoming weekend.

Now, not only am I caught up from the workouts I missed last week, but I am ahead one from this week.....sweet.

Going over all this, I realized I am at the HALFWAY POINT, week 10 of training! I've logged 104 days overall with my month of conditioning. I have a half-iron distance tri coming in two weeks and then race day will be just around the corner.....sweet.

Day 104 Training Log - Today I worked out a 1300 speed swim, a 90 minute bike and a 30 minute run. Did the swim this morning, which was a 4 x 100 swim, kick, pull, swim warm-up, a 8 x 100 EBEH (25 x easy, build, easy, hard) main swim, finished with 2 x 50. This afternoon I hit the stationary bike for 90 minutes of interval training alternating every four minutes between medium and hard. Finished with an easy paced 30 minute run on the treadmill. All in all....I have to say it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment