Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Biggest Loser

April 22, 2009 -

Today I finally got back to the weight I was at during my two 70.3 Ironman races last summer. Back to 202. That means I have lost 16 pounds since February 1st, 2009. My goal is to get around 195 by the time the race gets here. I also would like to see 199 by the time I go to Wildflower next weekend, May 2nd. I havn't been below that 200 mark probably since high school. I would have to get pretty lean to lose another 7 pounds, but I would like to see.

It's gotta be inevitable with the training coming in the last month before the big race. I've been joking to people that Ironman is the best weight loss plan I have ever come across. My goal however, was not a bunch of weight loss, but more just to get lean and mean...like all those pros you see in the triathlete mags.

Anyway, now that I'm done reporting on keeping my girlish figure, we can get to the real goods....today's training. Monday and Tuesday we got our freak sunny days and are back to normal today. It was 51 degrees, raining, gloomy, and windy....you know....the usual.

Not enough to keep me inside howver. I had a run, which I did outside on the trail that went well. After that I moved into the pool for a short swim and just as yesterday, that was great again today!

As of now, I'm only behind one workout, but it's a biggie...a four hour bike ride. I have a work trip over the next few days and will do my best to stay current, healthy and rested, but these trips have really been throwing everything off for me.

Day 112 Training Log - 45 minute run and a 1200 swim. Again today, both workouts were great. My quads have been a little sore since monday, so it took a bit to get going on the run, but I did. Cranked that out for 45 minutes at a slower pace, probably an 8 minute pace. Then, to the pool. The 1200 swim was 300 x 4 of swim, kick, pull, swim. It was fast, short and sweet. I worked really hard today and pushed each segment really hard. Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment