Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gearin Up

April 29, 2009 -

It's time to pull out the 'ol triathlon race-day checklist and get the organization of gear in check before Friday's early am flight to Wildflower. It's really amazing how much stuff you need to organize for a successful triathlon (if you're me anyway).

There is the pre-race warm clothes, wetsuit, goggles, towel, race clothes, bike, bike shoes, helmet, shades, body glide, nutrition, water bottles, sunscreen, running shoes, visor, post race clothes and a multitude of other odds and ends that make everything come together in a successful race as long as you don't forget anything.

I just got my bike tuned up and received a new 2009 wheel set from Felt as there was a issue with my front wheel, so I was stoked on that. I picked up the bike and had it in my office today to take home, so it has been staring at me all day sitting right under my brag board of race bibs and medals (see pic). The bike was taunting me, begging me to get out there and just cook. Race all out and make it proud. Ok bike.....I will. Just a couple more short days.

Also, pulled my Zoot tri bag, race clothes, and Zoot Fuzion wetsuit out of hibernation from their winter rest today. Dusted off and ready to pack. I slowly start the gathering and organization of the gear so I can feel confident I have not overlooked anything and tomorrow on the eve of my trip down to Cali I can toss everything in my bag and rest knowing I'm set.

Then all I have to do is try to actually rest. The excitement of the race paired with an overabundance of extra energy from the great nutrition, extra hydration and race taper usually has me jumping out of my skin with energy by the end of the week.

Day 119 Training Log - Nothing today. Most likely I'll buzz the hair, shave the legs and get in a good round of stretching. That should do it for today. Tough day I know. The waiting is the hardest part.

1 comment: