Sunday, April 19, 2009

Third Time's A Charm

April 19, 2009 -

Yes people, please believe today I have taken my third day off of training in a row. This is a first since January 1st 2009. I can remember writing a blog awhile back, maybe in February, where I took two days off and made a comment about how that would probably never happen again until after Ironman...until now.

Usually I get all worked up if I can't fit my training in, or if I get behind, but this was different. I had the best weekend ever with wifey, without the kids. We ate the best food, slept in, worked a little, and had a great time. The best part about it was that I never really felt pressured to get my training in, or let it ruin my time there.

I only missed a hour run and a 2300 yard swim, which is not big deal, but I feel rejuvenated, refreshed, and ready to start the hardest legs of my training next month. This three day sebaticle probably saved my Ironman. I knew how much I needed it when I didn't care about my training or nutrition for a few days. I just blew it off knowing I was going to see it soon enough....and.....I'm ready to get back to work.

Also, seeing the kiddos today was great. I missed them so bad, and they missed us the same. I think my daughter didn't unclench me for about an hour, it was great. We had a sweet five hour drive home from Idaho back to Kirkland and enjoyed some time outside in great weather.

Tomorrow....back to work.

Day 109 Training Log - Driving....does that count?

Post Scritpt - Since Thursday I ate burgers and fries, eggs and bacon, tacos, pizza, ahi tuna, curry, and just about everything in between. Food was delicious in Spokane!

No comments:

Post a Comment