Saturday, April 18, 2009

At Peace

April 18, 2009 - 

So I'm in Spokane for work this weekend, but with my wife and no kids.  It is the first time in a long long time I have felt at peace.  We have been sleeping in, having great meals...and actually eating slow, talking without being interrupted, and generally just having a calming more relaxed few days.

Sometimes with two small kids you get a little tense with all the needs and noise and keep-up.  I have to say, even with a little bit of work, this trip has seemed like a month long get away.  I have been totally relaxed, at peace, and enjoying the time with wifey immensely.  

As I have been soaking up every minute of this time; Ironman is the furthest thing from my mind. I did have the day off today, but am still a one-hour run behind that I missed yesterday...and guess what....I don't care!

This has been a total download, unwind, realxing, peaceful weekend.  Ironman can have me back soon enough, but until then, I have one more night to feed out on great food, enjoy the great company of my wifey, and relish in a night with no messes, crying, crayons, poopy diapers, bedtime stories, macaroni and cheese on the floor, interruptions or anything else of that nature......yes!

Day 108 Training Log - Day off today, two for two, enjoying it to the fullest.  I'll be back at it soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment